Dmg to iso converter free download - Any DMG To ISO, Free ISO Converter, Free ISO to USB, and many more programs.
Apple delivers the macOS installer and applications through the app store since the launch of OS X Lion. The macOS installer has a .app extension when you get it through the official channel. Unlike the macOS DMG installer, which Apple doesn’t provide nowadays, the app version of the macOS install package is not bootable. Hence it is not mountable nor compatible with operating systems like Windows. For some reason, if you want macOS in .DMG or .ISO format, there is a method to convert the .app file. Unfortunately you need a macOS system to convert .app to .dmg to .iso image.
Run PowerISO. Choose 'Tools Convert' Menu. PowerISO shows Image Converter dialog. Choose the source DMG file you want to convert. Set the output file format to iso file. Enter the output file path name. Click 'OK' button to start converting dmg file to iso. PowerISO will show the progress information during conversion. Converting ISO disk images to DMG format should be easy enough nowadays and can be done in most, if not all modern disk image handling utilities, but it is unlikely you will find a dedicated iso to dmg converter only. In most cases iso to dmg conversion is achieved because for Mac users.dmg files might be easier to handle compared to.iso. There is one more way to create the ISO file using PowerISO. It is quick and easy method. All you need to do is to right-click on the folder which you want to convert to ISO file and then select the PowerISO optionAdd to an image file. Your ISO file will be ready. Part 3: Create Bootable USB from DMG in Windows Via PowerISO. Another well-known disk image utility is PowerISO. Apart from being ideal for burning ISO files, it can also burn a DMG file to USB to create a bootable drive.
Reasons for converting macOS Mojave or High Sierra .app to .DMG or .ISO
- The macOS in DMG format let to quickly create Install DVDs and bootable USB installers in a few minutes.
- When you convert macOS Install .app to ISO format, you may use it for running macOS on Windows PCs (Hackintosh).
- You can use the DMG file made from the macOS Install app for creating a boot-friendly macOS USB on Windows PC.
Above all, DMG and ISO files are highly portable; it is easy for anyone to upload and transfer them through the Internet.
Convert macOS Installer .APP to .DMG bootable image
The requirement for running macOS, and a USB Pen Drive for converting the Installer application to bootable ISO or DMG image. The step by step process for converting macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, EI Capitan to the bootable .DMG or .ISO is explained below.
- First of all, download the full Mac OS installer, and save it in the Applications folder.
- Next step is to create a bootable USB installer from macOSÂ Install app. I prefer using the macOS Terminal app to create the bootable USB Installer using commands in the screenshots.
- Now, copy the contents of the macOS USB to a new folder and give it a single word name. We are going to make DMG file on Mac from the newly created folder.
- Then open the Disk Utility app and then take the “File” menu from the top left corner. Then New Image andÂ Image from folder, and direct the Finder to the macOS file folder.
- Choose the image format as Hybrid (HFS+/ISO/UDF).
- The system now starts converting the macOS installer .app bootable .DMG file.
Just in case you find any difficulty, check our video on converting macOS .app to bootable .dmg.
How to convert macOS installer to iso format
There are several ways to convert macOS .app to .ISO bootable image. Usually one need to do APP to DMG or CDR conversion before making it an ISO file on Mac. The Disk Utility app in macOS previously had an option that allows you to convert DMG to ISO/CDR. You can use Terminal and third-party apps to convert Mac OS installer to ISO if it is in CDR format.
AnyToISO app capable of convertingÂ macOS DMG to iso format. The free version of AnyToISO doesn’t support converting dmg files above 850 MB. Hence, you need to either purchase or download (Search AnyToISO Pro 3.9.0 in Google) the PRO version of this app.
In my experience, converting DMG to ISO with AnytoISO takes a lot of space and resources if you’re on macOS machine. The system shows out of space notification even though you have enough space left in the disk. Therefore, it is better to transfer the DMG files to a Windows machine and use freeware like DMGtoISO or AnyBurn for converting. Check our page on burning DMG on windows for freeware tools supporting DMG to ISO conversion.
Last Updated on:
When using your Mac you have so much at your fingertips that it really makes you wonder how you ever used Windows.
Maybe you didn’t use Windows! But most of us have at one time or another.
This very short article give you two different ways to convert an ISO file to a DMG file using your Mac, OS X and no additional software to download. It’s built right into OS X.
Option 1 – Using Disk Utility
OS X’s Disk Utility is a powerful tool. Be cautious when using this as you could easily wipe out data on some of your disks if you’re not careful!
- Open Finder and then open Disk Utility by clicking Go > Utilities > Disk Utility
- When Disk Utility opens, click the Convert icon on the toolbar
- When prompted, browse to the ISO file you would like to convert, select it and click the Convert button
- Now you will be prompted for a name. Ensure you give it a name with the extension .dmg
- Select Compressed from the Image format dropdown box and click Save
- Depending on the size of your file, you’ll soon have a DMG file version of your ISO file!
Option 2 – Using Terminal
Convert Iso To Dmg Poweriso Download
From the lovely graphics of Disk Utility to the plain and simple command line of Terminal…
Iso To Dmg
- Open Finder and then open Terminal by clicking Go > Terminal
- Type the following command but replace the filenames and paths with your own:
- Wait a few minutes (or few hours) depending on the size of your ISO and you will be returned to the terminal prompt when it’s finished.
hdiutil convert /path/filename.iso -format UDRW -o /path/filename.dmg