You can upgrade to macOS Sierra from OS X Lion or later on any of the following Mac models. Your Mac also needs at least 2GB of memory and 8.8GB of available storage space.
MacBook introduced in late 2009 or later
MacBook Air introduced in late 2010 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in mid 2010 or later
Mac mini introduced in mid 2010 or later
iMac introduced in late 2009 or later
Mac Pro introduced in mid 2010 or later
To find your Mac model, memory, storage space, and macOS version, choose About This Mac from the Apple menu . If your Mac isn't compatible with macOS Sierra, the installer will let you know.
Make a backup
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you're using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
Download macOS Sierra
For the strongest security and latest features, find out whether you can upgrade to macOS Catalina, the latest version of the Mac operating system.
If you still need macOS Sierra, use this link: Download macOS Sierra. A file named InstallOS.dmg will download to your Mac.
Install the macOS installer
Double-click the downloaded file to open a window showing its contents. Then double-click the file within, named InstallOS.pkg.
Follow the onscreen instructions, which will guide you through the steps necessary to install.
After installation of the installer is complete, open the Applications folder on your Mac, then double-click the file named Install macOS Sierra.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
Allow installation to complete
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
- If you have hardware or software that isn't compatible with macOS Sierra, you might be able to install the previous version, OS X El Capitan.
- macOS Sierra won't install on top of a later version of macOS, but you can erase your disk first or install on another disk.
- You can use macOS Recovery to reinstall macOS.
MacOS is one of the most popular operating systems which is developed and market by App Inc. since 2001. It is the second most widely used OS as per Wikipedia. If you are currently using MacOS older version then I have good news that you can upgrade your old OS with MacOS high sierra for free.
MacOS High Sierra is the fourteenth release of macOS which comes with a lot of upgraded features. You can download the MacOS high sierra from the direct download link for your Mac computer, VirtualBox or Vmware.
- This new upgraded version has improved the reliability of SMB printing.
- Bluetooth appeared as unavailable has been fixed.
- Added support for 70 new emojis.
- You can now unlock a FileVault-encrypted APFS volume using a recovery keychain file.
- It has improved the reliability of the Microsoft Exchange message sync.
How to download MacOS high Sierra
If you are a Mac user then you can easily download the iso installer (dmg file) from the official site of apple. click here (if you are a Mac user, else skip this).
If you are not a Mac user or you are a windows user (and want to install Sierra in VirtualBox, Vmware or any other virtual machine) then you can download the file from the below link:
How to install MacOS High Sierra on Virtual Machine
Download Now Mac Os High Sierra Vmware Image
- First of all, download and install VirtualBox or Vmware on your computer (Windows or any other)
- And then download the MacOS high sierra. This file will be in zip format. And so you need to extract it by using WinRAR or any other tool.
- Now, Launch the Virtual machine and then “Create a new machine”. And then do the following settings:
Name: macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Type: Mac OS X
Version: macOS 10.13 or 10.12
Memory size: 3GB to 6GB ( 65% of your Ram)
Virtual disk file: macOS high Sierra 10.13.vmdk
- And now, you have to select “Use an exsting virtual hard disk file” and Open “macOS high Sierra 10.13.vmdk” File.
- And then follow the wizard.
- That’s it.
Download Mac Os High Sierra Vmware Image
Also Read: Fix Apex Legends Engine Error – 0x887A0006