- WinISO is a professional CD/DVD/Blu-ray image file utility tool which can edit, extract, burn, mount, convert ISO. Now you can download WinISO Standard 6 for free.
- That is essentially all you need to know when it comes to extracting the contents of DMG files to your Windows PC. If you do not want to download these programs, one other option is to follow our guide on how to convert DMG files to ISO’s. After that conversion is done, you can mount the ISO in Windows and access the files that way.
If 7-Zip struggles to extract your file, try right-clicking and using the Open Archive option. Convert a DMG file into an ISO. If you absolutely need to be able to access the contents of a.dmg file on your Windows computer, you’ll need to convert it into an ISO file. This allows you to mount it as normal using the ISO program of your choice.
When using your Mac you have so much at your fingertips that it really makes you wonder how you ever used Windows.
Maybe you didn’t use Windows! But most of us have at one time or another.
This very short article give you two different ways to convert an ISO file to a DMG file using your Mac, OS X and no additional software to download. It’s built right into OS X.
Option 1 – Using Disk Utility
OS X’s Disk Utility is a powerful tool. Be cautious when using this as you could easily wipe out data on some of your disks if you’re not careful!
- Open Finder and then open Disk Utility by clicking Go > Utilities > Disk Utility
- When Disk Utility opens, click the Convert icon on the toolbar
- When prompted, browse to the ISO file you would like to convert, select it and click the Convert button
- Now you will be prompted for a name. Ensure you give it a name with the extension .dmg
- Select Compressed from the Image format dropdown box and click Save
- Depending on the size of your file, you’ll soon have a DMG file version of your ISO file!
Option 2 – Using Terminal
Free Dmg To Iso Converter Windows 7 Driver
From the lovely graphics of Disk Utility to the plain and simple command line of Terminal…
Dmg To Iso Converter Free Download For Windows 7
- Open Finder and then open Terminal by clicking Go > Terminal
- Type the following command but replace the filenames and paths with your own:
- Wait a few minutes (or few hours) depending on the size of your ISO and you will be returned to the terminal prompt when it’s finished.
hdiutil convert /path/filename.iso -format UDRW -o /path/filename.dmg