Viral damage in Warframe is one of six secondary elemental damage types in the game. It is known as a secondary damage type, as the interaction between two primary elements causes it. Viral damage will cause a reduction in an enemies health, by 50%, for six seconds. Causing viral damage a second time will not further reduce health, but will extend the length of time the status is active for. Each status will reset the time, making this extremely effective against high health enemies.
To complete the Sharing Is Caring challenge for Nightwave, you need to get 150 kills. It is easy to do once you know how to generate Viral damage.
- Oct 29, 2018 Hey guys, this video goes over the basics of Combined Elemental Damage in Warframe. I go over Blast, Gas, Toxin, Corrosive, Radiation. Hopefully you guys find this helpful in.
- Warframe Blast damage is not a meta damage type, unlike Viral and Corrosive, and since it is most useful against Grineer Machinery and Fossilized Infested health types - which are rare - it is not often modded for. Blast is, however, quite fun, as it blows up enemies sky-high.
Well as the tittle says, i need to know why almost all experienced players dont use viral dmg, i know most of people use magnetic (corpus) and radiation (infested) and im right with that, but vs armored enemies and corrupted i use to choose viral, some players says its good and others just said g.
How To Do Viral Damage
Viral damage can be done with pretty much any weapon, once you use one Cold Mod and one Toxin mod. The effects of these two mods combine to cause Viral, as you can see in the image above. As you can see, the Primed Cryo Rounds and the Infected Clip interact together to cause Viral Damage.
Some weapons also have innate Viral damage. These are listed below, in case you wish to use them. It is almost certainly easier and quicker to use mods to put the effect on any weapon.
Warframe Damage Types
- Hema (Primary)
- Phage (Primary)
- Rakta Cernos (Primary)
- Rakta Ballistica (Secondary)
- Plague Keewar (Zaw Strike)
- Plague Kripath (Zaw Strike)
- Pupacyst (Melee)
How To Do Viral Damage Warframe
Depending on your level, you should be able to wrap this challenge up in a couple of missions, now that you know how to do Viral damage. Best of luck, Tenno!