WinRAR for Mac is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR for Mac offers you.
As featured in:
The Unarchiver, unRarX or RAR Expander.
WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. WinRAR automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- WinRAR allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- WinRAR is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 128 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- WinRAR is shareware, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- WinRAR licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
- WinRAR gives you all future UPDATES for FREE!
- 'Convert archives' command:
- improved performance when processing a lot of small archives in Windows 10;
- fixed memory leaks which could lead to excessive memory use when converting to ZIP format.
- Corrupt ZIP archive processing:
- 'Repair' command replaces packed and unpacked file sizes stored in local file header with sizes from central directory if local header sizes look invalid;
- file extraction is stopped at unpacked size stored in ZIP headers even if available packed data allows further extraction. It is done to prevent unexpected hard drive space usage.
- Ctrl+C allows to abort RAR 'l' command quickly. In previous versions it could take several seconds until list command stopped.
- WinRAR could crash when attempting to display some types of archive comments in GUI shell, resulting in a denial of service;
- if 'Save archive name' and 'Add to context menu' options were set in compression profile parameters and profile was invoked from Explorer context menu, WinRAR proposed an automatically generated archive name instead of name saved in profile.
- WinRAR displayed an unneeded pair of round brackets in 'Archive' column of 'Diagnostic messages' window for system error messages;
- 'Extract to folder' Windows Explorer context menu command could fail to unpack ZIP archives if their names included a numeric part followed by .zip extension, arbitrary data was present before the first file record and 'Remove redundant folders from extraction path' WinRAR option was switched on;
- in 'RAR x -xarcname' command, parent folders of files matching the specified mask also were excluded from extracting;
- 'Find' command returned the current folder own name additionally to its contents for 'Current folder' search area if folder name matched 'File names to find' mask;
- if 'Find in files' and 'Find in archives' are both enabled, 'Find' command did not match an archive name itself against 'File names to find' mask after searching inside of archive. So it did not display archive names for masks like *.rar and applied this mask only to files inside of archives;
- when running an executable directly from archive, WinRAR 5.70 did not set a temporary folder with unpacked files as current. So executables attempting to access other archived files in current folder could fail to work;
- WinRAR could be inaccessible for few seconds after closing an archived file opened in internal viewer in Windows 10;
- dragging a file to subfolder of ZIP archive with 'Store full paths' option enabled produced invalid pathnames consisting of repeated subfolder name. Same invalid pathnames were produced if adding files to ZIP archive with -ap
Apps similar to WinRAR for Mac 11
- 393 votesRarlab's RAR for Android can create RAR and ZIP and unpack RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO, ARJ archives.
- 51 votesThe Unarchiver is a much more capable replacement for 'Archive Utility.app', the built-in archive extraction program on macOS.
- 143 votesAllows you to manage and control archive files. The archive is usually a regular file, which name has a '.rar' suffix.
- Free to Try
Zip Software to Compress Files & Folders Quickly & Easily
Fast & EfficientCreate new ZIP files quickly
Popular FormatsOpen all major file formats
Drag & DropEasy drag & drop functionality
Encrypt & ProtectPassword protect ZIP files
|Express Zip is one of the most stable, easy-to-use and comprehensive file archive and compression tools available. Create, manage and extract zipped files and folders. Reduce file space needed by zipping big files before sending them to family, friends, coworkers and clients.|
Express Zip Features
File Archiving and CompressionCompress
Create, Compress and Zip FilesUnzip
Open and Extract File ArchivesEncrypt
Encrypt and Password Protect
- for Windows
Zip Download For Windows 10 Free
- for Mac
Zip Download For Lucky Block
Pricing & Purchase
Alpha Zip Download For Mac
Data DVD/CD Burner
Image File Converter
Video File Converter
More Converting Software...
More Software Utilities...